Carotid-artery sentence example
- But it must be observed that the classification of Nitzsch, just given, rests much more on characters furnished by the general structure than on those furnished by the carotid artery only.
- That in which both' a right carotid artery and a left are present.
- That in which the right carotid artery alone is present, of which, according to our author's experience, the flamingo (Phoenicopterus) was the sole example.
- That in which the left carotid artery alone exists, as found in all other birds examined by Nitzsch, and therefore as regards species and individuals much the most common - since into this category come the countless thousands of the passerine birds - a group which outnumbers all the rest put together.
- A carotid angiogram is an Xray of the circulation to the brain taken by injecting dye (contrast) into the carotid artery.Advertisement
- It is non-invasive and has replaced arteriography as the investigation of choice in the assessment of carotid artery disease and in post-operative graft surveillance.
- The external carotid artery supplies the face, nose, mouth and upper neck.
- Another possible cause of brain infarction might be carotid artery atherosclerosis.
- To avoid arterial puncture the operator's fingers gently pull the carotid artery away from the midline.
- To avoid arterial puncture the operator 's fingers gently pull the carotid artery away from the midline.Advertisement
- Background: severe stenosis of the carotid artery is often treated by carotid endarterectomy.
- These showed a 60% stenosis of the left internal carotid artery.
- In rare cases or when carotid artery disease is suspected, additional tests may include a carotid ultrasound or cerebral or carotid angiogram.
- Carotid endarterectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a blockage from the carotid artery.
- V-A ECMO requires the insertion of two tubes, one in the jugular and one in the carotid artery.Advertisement