Carolus sentence example
- The name of the ruler alluded to is not indeed introduced into the actual text, but "Carolus Inlperator" form the initial letters of the passage dealing with this subject.
- According to the Frankish custom he proclaimed a king in Austrasia in the person of the young Clotaire IV., but in reality Charles was the sole master - the entry in the annals for the year 717 being "Carolus regnare coepit."
- Thus, in 1611 or the following year whalers from Hull named it Trinity Island; in 1612 Jean Vrolicq, a French whaler, called it Ile de Richelieu; and in 1614 Joris Carolus named one of its promontories Jan Meys Hoek after the captain of one of his ships.
- A second (inferior) edition of this work was published by Carolus Manolessius.
- He there shows that the cycloid was investigated by Carolus Bovillus about r 500, and by Cardinal Cusanus (Nicolaus de Cusa) as early as 1451.Advertisement
- Codici MS. descripsit, Notisque et Indice adornavit Carolus Bertram."