Carnelian sentence example
- The town is celebrated for its manufacture of agate and carnelian ornaments, of reputation principally in China.
- Of stones that were accounted precious Sinai produced turquoise and the Egyptian deserts garnet, carnelian and jasper.
- Chalcedony, carnelian, onyx and cat's eyes are found in New South Wales; and it is probable that they are also to be met with in the other states, particularly in Queensland.
- Other precious stones found are chalcedony, garnet, jacinth, amethyst, carnelian, agate, rock-crystals, &c. Amber is found at Magura in Zsepes, while fine marble quarries are found in the counties of Esztergom, Komarom, Veszprem and Szepes.
- The gems of onyx, carnelian and agate are later and bear various figures, and in some cases Arabic inscriptions.Advertisement
- See AGATE, BLOODSTONE, CARNELIAN, CHRYSOPRASE, HELIOTROPE, MOCHA STONE, ONYX, SARD and SARDONYX.
- These tubular drills were used from the IVth Dynasty down to late times, in all materials from alabaster up to carnelian.
- He uses agate for the Fool, diamond for Strength, and carnelian for Justice.
- Carnelian carnelian Carnelian amulet This is orange, translucent carnelian whose color is associated with the sun, especially in its rising or setting form.
- For particulars respecting the special characters, modes of occurrence and localities of the more important varieties of quartz, reference may be made to the following articles: AGATE, AMETHYST, AVENTURINE, BLOODSTONE, CAIRNGORM, CARNELIAN, CAT'S-EYE, CHALCEDONY, CHRYSOPRASE, FLINT,HELIOTROPE,JASPER, MOCHASTONE, ONYX, ROCK-CRYSTAL, SARD, SARDONYX.Advertisement
- Stones such as amethyst, jade and carnelian are also popular because of their rich colors.
- Another brooch by Judith Ripka is the Sterling Gemstone Pin with Carnelian Doublet Enhancer.
- The pin has onyx set in silver, and the enhancer has carnelian and quartz accented by man-made diamonds.
- Carnelian: The orange gem is believed to inspire feelings of joy, and also bring the wearer blessings.