Carina sentence example
- The keel, or carina sterni, is formed as a direct cartilaginous outgrowth of the body of the sternum, ossifying from a special centre.
- (I) first antenna; (6) tergum; (2) compound (7) biramous eye; feet; (3) liver; (8) carina; (4) simple eye; (9) cement (5) scutum; gland.
- W, wax-yielding surface, covering true gland; s, septem, or carina; wh, webbed hairs.
- In his book on the fertilization of flowers, Hermann Muller distinguishes four types of papilionaceous flowers according to the way in which the pollen is applied to the bee: (I) Those in which the stamens and stigma return within the carina and thus admit of repeated visits, such are the clovers, Melilotus and laburnum.
- - Flower of Pea (Pisum sativum), showing a papilionaceous corolla, with one petal superior (st) called the standard (vexillum), two inferior (car) called the keel (carina), and two lateral (a) called wings (alae).Advertisement
- carina may perform a similar office, and then the aestivation is carinal, as in the Judas-tree (Cercis Siliquastrum).
- The couple has two daughters, Lucia Rose born in 2009, and Carina Rose born in 2010.
- 3, A part of the carina or keel.