Caricatured sentence example
- He described their speeches and proceedings, caricatured their motives, denounced the exercise of the right of private judgment, and set forth the divine right of bishops in such strong language that one of the queen's councillors held it to amount to a threat against the supremacy of the crown.
- Six comedies entitled Sappho and two Phaon, were produced by the Middle Comedy; but, when we consider, for example, the way in which Socrates was caricatured by Aristophanes, we are justified in putting no faith whatever in such authority.
- He acknowledged the genius of the astronomer, and had not approved of the action of the Inquisition in 1616; but subsequently, believing himself to have been caricatured in the Dialogo, he permitted the Inquisition to have its way and to compel an abjuration (1633).
- His rough person and manners are the constant theme of ridicule in the royalist ballads, and he is caricatured in Butler's Hudibras and in the Parable of the Lion and Fox.
- Perhaps one reason why films like this are so popular is because evil is often caricatured.Advertisement
- Asbestos disease victims should not be caricatured as part of the compensation culture.
- We have already moved away from a passive social security system which could be caricatured as encouraging welfare dependency.
- Pasted over the photo of a museum relic, her saucy model becomes a temptress of caricatured exotica.
- The Mexican courtyard ambiance is spectacular, with colorful walls covered with mirages and caricatured statues of old Mexico.