Carditis sentence example
- Some of these children developed carditis and valvular disease.
- The most serious problem occurring in RF is called pancarditis ("pan" means total; "carditis" refers to inflammation of the heart).
- Mild carditis also improves with such anti-inflammatory agents, although more severe cases of carditis require steroid medications.
- The long-term prognosis of an RF patient depends primarily on whether he or she develops carditis.
- Those patients with no or mild carditis have an excellent prognosis.Advertisement
- Those with more severe carditis have a risk of heart failure, as well as a risk of future heart problems that may lead to the need for valve replacement surgery.