Cardinalis sentence example
- The cardinal grosbeak, or Virginian nightingale, Cardinalis virginianus, claims notice here, though doubts may be entertained as to the family to which it really belongs.
- The former attacks apple and pear; the latter, which selects orange and citron, was introduced into America from Australia, and carried ruin before it in some orange districts until its natural enemy, the lady-bird beetle, Vedalia cardinalis, was also imported.
- At its head is the cardinal camerlengo (Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalis Camerarius), who, as we know, exercises the external authority during the vacancy of the Holy See.
- The chief sources for Pole's biography are his life written in Italian by his secretary Beccatelli, which was translated into Latin by Andrew Dudith as Vita Poli cardinalis (Venice, 1563), and his letters (Epistolae Reginaldi Poli) edited by Girolamo Quirini and published in 5 volumes (Brescia, 1744-1757), a new edition of which is in preparation at Rome with additions from the Vatican Archives.
- Cardinal Flower (Lobelia Cardinalis) - The true plant is one of the rarest and one of the prettiest of the genus.Advertisement
- The varieties cardinalis (bright crimson-purple), coerulea (bluish), alba (white), Dunnetti (rose), splendens (scarlet), picta elegans (crimson-purple, edged with white), and a dwarf variety, nana, about 9 inches high, are desirable.