Cardinal-points sentence example
- The city is in great part laid out in rectangular squares, the streets running nearly with the cardinal points of the compass.
- The city is built with its streets running between the cardinal points of the compass and crossing each other at right angles.
- Alongside these fanciful conceptions there existed fatl~ sore sober view, according to which the earth was a long lege, l plain, and the sky an iron roof supported by the tops of thai intains or by four pillars TflJ at the cardinal points.
- The city is laid out with almost unbroken regularity and is compactly built - the streets running nearly with the cardinal points of the compass.
- Everything was changed when by the conquests of Alexander (334-323) it suddenly rose to material supremacy in all the East as far as India, and when cities of Greek speech and constitution were planted by the might of kings at all the cardinal points of intercourse within those lands.Advertisement
- The whole structure was roughly orientated, with the corners towards the cardinal points of the compass.
- These speeches form the cardinal points in the action of the Iliad - the framework into which everything else is set; and they have also the best title to the name of Homer.
- The town, in the shape of a rectangular parallelogram, with the corners pointing approximately toward the cardinal points of the compass, covered 741 acres of ground.
- Each enclosure has four gates with high towers, placed one in the centre of each side opposite to the four cardinal points.