Cardigan bay sentence example
- ABERYSTWYTH, a municipal borough, market-town and seaport of Cardiganshire, Wales, near the confluence of the rivers Ystwyth and Rheidol, about the middle of Cardigan Bay.
- Ceg e ster Cardigan Bay Caers 5 1 52 6 C ?l B Longitude West o of Greenwich 2 55 54 51 Anderida Peuensey Dubrae Boulogne R: Rlaw Othonackater?
- The neighbourhood is agreeable, and the Cardigan Bay shore is shelving and suitable for safe bathing.
- Anglesey, "Angles' Island"; Welsh, Ynys Enlli, " isle of the current"), an island at the northern extremity of Cardigan Bay.
- to S.E., and is itself adjacent to Aran-fawddy (2970 ft.), the highest point in the Cader Idris group. The system of Mid-Wales or Powys stretches from Cardigan Bay to the English border, and contains Plinlimmon (2462 ft.) in north Cardigan; Drygarn Fawr (2115 ft.) in north Brecon; and Radnor Forest (2163 ft.) in mid-Radnor.Advertisement
- The Towy (68 m.) flows through Carmarthenshire, entering Carmarthen Bay at Llanstephan; the Teifi (50 m.) rises near Tregaron and falls into Cardigan Bay below the town of Cardigan.
- Other rivers are the Dovey (30 m.), falling into Cardigan Bay at Aberdovey; the TM (25 m.), entering Carmarthen Bay at Laugharne; and the broad navigable Conway (24 m.), dividing the counties of Carnarvon and Denbigh.
- It was during these disastrous Mercian wars that there first appeared on the Welsh coasts the Norse and Danish pirates, who harried and burnt the small towns and flourishing monasteries on the shores of Cardigan Bay and the Bristol Channel.
- On the west there are Solway Firth, Morecambe Bay, the estuaries of the Mersey and Dee, Cardigan Bay of the Welsh coast, and the Bristol Channel and Severn estuary.
- A French diversion on the coast of Pembroke was even less successful; a force of 1500 men, under Colonel Tate, an American adventurer, landed in Cardigan Bay on the 22nd of February 1797, but was at once surrounded by the local militia and surrendered without a blow.Advertisement
- The Hotel faces due South, overlooking the esplanade, with a commanding view of the scenic Cardigan Bay coastline.
- estuary mouth has some of the best sea watching to be found in Cardigan Bay.
- tide races and tide rips are evident in Cardigan Bay.
- victoria house within the Snowdonia National Park and situated in the foot hills of Cader Idris overlooking Cardigan Bay.
- Tide races and tide rips are evident in Cardigan Bay.Advertisement
- Gwelfor, is a lovely victoria House within the Snowdonia National Park and situated in the foot hills of Cader Idris overlooking Cardigan Bay.