Cardiac-muscle sentence example
- The systole is not altered in length, but the diastole is very much prolonged, and since this is the period not only of cardiac rest but also of cardiac "feeding" - the coronary vessels being compressed and occluded during systole - the result is greatly to benefit the nutrition of the cardiac muscle.
- Units of the sarcoplasmic reticulum surround the contractile fibrils in the interior of cardiac muscle cells.
- Thereafter follows the most important effect of the drug, which is a direct stimulation of the cardiac muscle.
- This can be proved to occur in a heart so embryonic that no nerves can be recognized in it, and in portions of cardiac muscle that contain neither nervecells nor nerve-fibres.
- hypertrophy of the cardiac muscle.Advertisement
- ventricular myocardium The muscle cells of the ventricles influence the force of contractions by the cardiac muscle.
- The arrival of an action potential in the interior of the cardiac muscle cell causes the release of calcium ions from the sarcoplasmic reticulum.