Cardia sentence example
- And after losing Oropus, Amphipolis, Cardia, Chios, Cos, Rhodes, Byzantium, shall we fight about the shadow of Delphi?"
- HIERONYMUS OF CARDIA, Greek general and historian, contemporary of Alexander the Great.
- xix, 21 seq., 46; probably after Hieronymus of Cardia, who was living about 316).
- Another Greek, Eumenes of Cardia, was chief secretary (apxtypa k uaTEUS).
- They also made their way into the peninsulas of Acte and Pallene in the south, beyond the river Nestus in the east, and are even said to have raided Cardia.Advertisement
- The latent discontent of the allies was soon fanned into hostility by the intrigues of Mausolus, prince of Cardia, who was anxious to extend his kingdom.
- Though some of the masonry in the ruins is certainly pre-Roman, Suidas's identification of it with Cyinda, famous as a treasure city in the wars of Eumenes of Cardia, cannot be accepted in the face of Strabo's express location of Cyinda in western 'Cilicia.
- He had formed an alliance with Cardia, Perinthus and Byzantium.
- Association of hostility with coronary artery calcification in young adults: The CARDIA study.