Carded sentence example
- The most important industries of the town are the manufacture of buckskin, the spinning of carded yarn and vicuna-wool, and the processes of dyeing, finishing and wool-spinning connected with these.
- Needle felting uses roving, or carded wool, to create interesting patterns on existing fabric.
- The silk was then boiled and afterwards beaten, scutched, carded, drawn, spun, folded, &c., in exactly the same way as fine cotton.
- After the fibre has been thoroughly carded by the above machines, the cans containing the sliver from the finisher card are taken to the first drawing frame.
- No sooner had their carded prop returned, their long serving open side flanker, Hedley Verity, took his place on the bench.Advertisement
- Argentinian referee Horacio Elizondo red carded Zidane, despite missing the incident which has overshadowed Italy's penalty shoot-out triumph.
- Devon produced serges or " long ells ", unusually long cloths with combed wool warps and carded wool wefts in a twill weave.
- Argentinian referee Horacio Elizondo red carded Zidane, despite missing the incident which has overshadowed Italy 's penalty shoot-out triumph.
- Bristol were then dealt a further blow as Roy Winters was penalized at the ruck area and was yellow carded.
- The weaving of the yarn or carded wool is what makes wool so soft because the spun yarn is loose.Advertisement