Carcases sentence example
- Of the carcases of the dead animals he makes the present men (N.
- I I) and Necrophaga are valuable scavengers from their habit of burying small vertebrate carcases which may serve as food for their larvae.
- The cattle and sheep entered for this competition are shown alive on the first day, at the close of which they are slaughtered and the carcases hung up for exhibition, with details of live and dead weights.
- The competition thus constitutes what is termed a " block test," and it is instructive in affording the opportunity of seeing the quality of the carcases furnished by the several animals, and in particular the relative proportion and distribution of fat and lean meat.
- The live animals are judged and subsequently the carcases, and, though the results sometimes agree, more often they do not.Advertisement
- oxen, 56,540 cows, 23,765 bulls and 19,643 breeding cattle, as well as a large number of carcases.
- Probably no extinct animal has left such abundant evidence of its former existence; immense numbers of bones, teeth, and more or less entire carcases, or " mummies," as they may be called, having been discovered, with the flesh, skin and hair in situ, in the frozen soil of the tundra of northern Siberia.
- The food of the white bear consists chiefly of seals and fish, in pursuit of which it shows great power of swimming and diving, and a considerable degree of sagacity; but its food also includes the carcases of whales, birds and their eggs, and grass and berries when these can be had.
- In autumn large numbers are slaughtered, their carcases cut up, rubbed with salt and dried in the sun.
- 24-40) treats of the defilement caused by contact with the carcases of unclean animals (in.Advertisement
- The inspection is rigorously carried out, and only carcases which have been stamped as having been certified good are permitted to be taken away for human consumption.
- A modern frozenmeat-carrying vessel will accommodate as much as 120,000 carcases, partly sheep and partly lambs, requiring a hold capacity of about 300,000 cub.
- The galley was hand built from the ground up and contains no chipboard or mdf carcases.
- incinerator for disposal of animal carcases.
- A point of high practical interest is the ratio of carcase weight to fasted live weight, and in the case of prizewinning carcases these ratios usually fluctuate within very narrow limits.Advertisement
- Bad generalship, which is sufficiently obvious, unwholesome food - it was Lent, and they ate the Nile fish which had been feasting on the carcases of the slain - and Greek fire did the rest, and personal valour was of little avail,not merely against superior numbers and better generals,but against dysentery and a certain "mal de l'ost" which attacked the mouth and the legs, a curious human version of a well-known bestial malady.