Carbuncles sentence example
- Boils and carbuncles are rare.
- pestis, pestilentia), in medicine, a term given to any epidemic disease causing a great mortality, and used in this sense by Galen and the a ncient medical writers, but now confined to a special disease, otherwise called Oriental, Levantine, or Bubonic Plague, which may be shortly defined a specific infectious fever, one variety being characterized by buboes (glandular swellings) and carbuncles.
- Staphylococci - impetigo, ecthyma, boils, carbuncles and staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome.
- However diamonds are usually thought of as transparent, not red, and they have never been called carbuncles.
- In the East frankincense has been found efficacious as an external application in carbuncles, blind boils and gangrenous sores, and as an internal agent is given in gonorrhoea.Advertisement