Carbamazepine sentence example
- Care should be used in combining SSRIs with major or minor tranquilizers or with anti-epileptic agents such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or carbamazepine (Tegretol).
- Targets include other AEDs, particularly phenytoin, phenobarbitone, carbamazepine epoxide, and lamotrigine.
- Are you taking carbamazepine (used to treat epilepsy or facial neuralgia - severe pain attacks in the face )?
- Practice point Carbamazepine may occasionally cause leucopenia and other disorders including thrombocytopenia.
- Anticonvulsants: The fourth type of medication for restless leg syndrome is anticonvulsants such as gabapentin anad carbamazepine.Advertisement
- For severe depression that does not respond well to antidepressant, mood stabilizer drugs (e.g., lithium, carbamazepine, valproic acid) may be recommended.
- Drugs such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and carbamazepine (Tegretol) are prescribed to treat the pain associated with nerve damage.
- Valproate is prescribed alone or in combination with carbamazepine and/or lithium.
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol, Atretol) is an anticonvulsant drug usually prescribed in conjunction with other mood stabilizing agents.
- Blurred vision and abnormal eye movement are two possible side effects of carbamazepine therapy.Advertisement
- Clinical trials continue as of 2004 in an attempt to obtain FDA approval of carbamazepine for use in bipolar treatment.
- They usually are used in conjunction with other drug therapies such as carbamazepine or lithium.
- Drugs called GABA agonists, such as baclofen and carbamazepine, are useful in treatment of seesaw nystagmus and PAN, if the nystagmus is acquired and not congenital.
- Other medications prescribed for AD/HD therapy include buproprion (Wellbutrin), an antidepressant; fluoxetine (Prozac), an SSRI antidepressant; and carbamazepine (Tegretol, Atretol), an anticonvulsant drug.