Carabinieri sentence example
- The four kinds of police most commonly seen in Italy include: Polizia di Stato (State or Nationale Police), Carabinieri (military police), Guardia Di Finanza (fiscal police), Polizia (city police) along with the local constable.
- Before Italy had national laws, local people served as Carabinieri who enforced territorial laws.
- Today the Carabinieri serve as a special branch of the army and deal with criminal investigations in serious crimes and are considered military police.
- When Italy did institute their National Police (Polizia di Stato), instead of replacing the Carabinieri they learned to work in conjunction with them.
- For the most part, it is more common to see the National Police monitoring major roads and towns while the Carabinieri are dispersed throughout a territory.Advertisement
- The carabinieri or gendarmerie, some 26,500 in number, are part of the standing army; they are recruited from selected volunteers from the army.
- The two arms of the police, the Carabinieri and the Publica Sicurezza, are at his disposal.