Carabinieri sentence example
- carabiniere99 the Italian carabinieri recovered 27,000 archeological pieces, more than twice as many as in 1998.
- carabiniereccasion, a demonstrator was killed and a carabinieri officer stood trial for murder.
- The four kinds of police most commonly seen in Italy include: Polizia di Stato (State or Nationale Police), Carabinieri (military police), Guardia Di Finanza (fiscal police), Polizia (city police) along with the local constable.
- All police in Italy fall under the authority of the Ministry of the Interior except for the Carabinieri which fall under the Ministry of Defense in certain cases.
- Before Italy had national laws, local people served as Carabinieri who enforced territorial laws.Advertisement
- Today the Carabinieri serve as a special branch of the army and deal with criminal investigations in serious crimes and are considered military police.
- When Italy did institute their National Police (Polizia di Stato), instead of replacing the Carabinieri they learned to work in conjunction with them.
- For the most part, it is more common to see the National Police monitoring major roads and towns while the Carabinieri are dispersed throughout a territory.
- The carabinieri or gendarmerie, some 26,500 in number, are part of the standing army; they are recruited from selected volunteers from the army.
- the so-called guardie di pubblica sicurezza, the carabinieri being really a military force; only the largest towns maintain a municipal police force), charities, education, &c., in case such expenditure is neglected by the communal authorities.Advertisement
- The two arms of the police, the Carabinieri and the Publica Sicurezza, are at his disposal.