Carabineers sentence example
- disturbances at Buggeru in Sardinia and Castelluzzo in Sicily, in both of which places the troops were compelled to use their arms and several persons were killed and wounded; at a demonstration at Sestri Ponente in Liguria to protest against what was called the Buggeru massacre, four carabineers and eleven rioters were injured.
- In 1747-1748 he was again with the duke of Cumberland in the Low Countries, and in 1749 was transferred to the cavalry, receiving the colonelcy of the 7th (3rd) Irish Horse (Carabineers).
- Other permanent military forces are 1075 officers, 1604 mounted and 16,536, foot gendarmes, mostly old soldiers, and 14,156 carabineers, all of them old soldiers.
- The military academies are Toledo for infantry, Segovia for artillery, Valladolid for cavalry, Avila for commissariat, Escorial for carabineers, Getafe for civil guards, besides a staff college styled Escuela Superior de Guerra at Madrid.
- Kutuzov accompanied by his adjutants rode at a walking pace behind the carabineers.Advertisement