Captained sentence example
- The aristocratic party was captained by the township of Heraclea, which had given the first doge, Anafesto, to the newly formed community.
- Denis attended Bell Lane school, Hendon where his father captained the old boys cricket eleven and naturally Denis was taken to matches.
- A keen Rugby player, he captained Queens ' 3rd XV.
- Thomas Jennings had captained a village team of handbell ringers at the end of the last century (Howse, 5: 271 ).
- A former Scotland Under-21 skipper, Ian has captained Hibs since the departure of John O'Neil to Falkirk.Advertisement
- Thomas Jennings had captained a village team of handbell ringers at the end of the last century (Howse, 5: 271).
- In 1775 the Spanish ship, San Carlos captained by Juan Manuel de Ayala passed through the Golden Gate as the first Europeans to explore and chart the Bay Area.
- In the seventh season finale, Hammond captained the ship as she shielded the SG-1 team drilling through the ice, fending off Anubis armada long enough for the team to activate the ancient weapon.