Capstones sentence example
- The inner circle of stones originally all had capstones on the top.
- Excavation on the surface of the cairn, however, exposed more of the passage capstones that had been discovered in 2001.
- conical stone gateposts, with pointed capstones are a feature of the area.
- It is, however, differentiated from them all by having hewn stones, capstones, tenons and sockets.
- In Scandinavia, on the other hand, such dome-roofed chambers are unknown, and the construction of the chambers as a rule is megalithic, five or six monoliths supporting one or more capstones of enormous size.Advertisement
- The rooms are covered by acutely pointed vaults, the stones forming the sides of the vault being bevelled to the angle, and the apex being covered by capstones covering spaces of one to two feet.