Capsid sentence example
- A 570 bp DNA fragment amplified from the capsid protein gene was digested with Ava II restriction enzyme and separated by gel electrophoresis.
- The hybridization data are consistent with partial sequence analysis of the AC1 gene and the capsid protein gene.
- Pests The only pest on lavender is the green capsid bug or cuckoo spit.
- To become infectious, it has to rid itself of Gag by splitting these proteins into smaller ones, called capsid.
- In viruses, alteration of the protein capsid prevents the virus from being taken up by susceptible cells.Advertisement
- For instance, we designed a simple set of experiments to map the viral capsid using limited proteolysis many years ago.
- Induction of a protective response in swine vaccinated with DNA encoding foot-and mouth disease virus empty capsid proteins and the 3D RNA polymerase.
- Transfection of insect cells with the recombinant baculovirus DNA resulted in expression of the JV capsid protein.
- The protein subunits in a virus capsid are multiply redundant, i.e. present in many copies per particle.