Capra sentence example
- Of the wild animals of Crete, the wild goat or agrimi (Capra aegagrus) alone need be mentioned; it is still found in considerable numbers on the higher summits of Psiloriti and the White Mountains.
- The genera are Ovis (sheep), Capra (goats) and Hemitragus (tahr).
- Although the more typical goats are markedly distinct from sheep, there is, both as regards wild and domesticated forms, an almost complete gradation from goats to sheep, so that it is exceedingly difficult to define either group. The position of the genus Capra (to all the members of which, as well as some allied species, the name "goat" in its wider sense is applicable) in the family Bovidae is indicated in the article Bovidae, and some of the distinctions between goats and sheep are mentioned in the article Sheep. Here then it will suffice to mention that goats are characterized by the strong and offensive odour of the males, which are furnished with a beard on the chin; while as a general rule glands are present between the middle toes of the fore feet only.
- 6 more or less mingled with domesticated breeds, the Cretan animal being distinguished as Capra hircus creticus; but the large typical race C. h.
- Besides the commonest Capra recurva, there is a rarer breed, Capra depressa, inhabiting the Mauritius and the islands of Bourbon and Madagascar.Advertisement
- As regards wild goats other than the representatives of Capra hircus, the members of the ibex-group are noticed under Ibex, while another distinctive type receives mention under Markhor.
- The ibex are connected with the wild goat by means of Capra nubiana, in which the front edge of the horns is thinner than in either the European C. ibex or the Asiatic C. sibirica; while the Spanish C. pyrenaica shows how the ibex-type of horn may pass into the spirally twisted one distinctive of the markhor, C. falconeri.
- The Ungulata are represented by the chamois (Rupicapra tragus) and the bouquetin or steinbock (Capra ibex).
- There is a distinct species of ibex (Capra pyrenaica) confined to the range, while the Pyrenean desman or water-mole (Mygale pyrenaica) is found only in some of the streams of the northern slopes of these mountains, the onlyother member of this genus being confined to the rivers of southern Russia.
- The two bones were Ovis or Capra femur and were articulated, an unfused proximal epiphysis and the shaft from the same individual.Advertisement
- Review Frank Capra has made an excellent job of a good story which is allowed to unfold itself in a restrained manner.
- Since he only used the first name "Frank", Frank Capra was halfway to the podium to make his speech before he realized the actual winner was Frank Lloyd.
- Watching a Bolly film is a bit like watching the work of the Three Stooges, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Frank Capra, and Gene Kelly all rolled into one giant film can.
- The film is directed by Frank Capra of It's A Wonderful Life fame.
- Goat's milk soap is a personal cleansing product made from the milk of the Capra hircus.Advertisement