Capitate sentence example
- Trophosome, polyps with a single whorl of capitate tentacles; gonosome, free medusae, with ten tacles branched, solid.
- The dactylozoids have no mouth; in Milleporidae they have short capitate tentacles, but lack tentacles in Stylasteridae.
- The genus Myriothela is a solitary polyp with scattered capitate tentacles, producing sporosacs.
- Some or all of the anthers become twisted so that insects in probing for honey will touch the anthers with one side of their head and the capitate stigma with the other.
- The style is simple or branched, and the stigma is linear, capitate or globose in form; these variations afford means for distinguishing the different genera.Advertisement
- The superior ovary - half-inferior in Samolus - bears a simple style ending in a capitate entire stigma, and contains a free-central placenta bearing generally a large number of ovules, which are exceptional in the group Gamopetalae in having two integuments.
- - Sessile, stalked, with capitate tentacles arranged in groups on eight projecting marginal lobes.
- Sessile, with the margin undivided; with eight colletocystophores and eight adradial groups of capitate tentacles.
- - The pistil of Tobacco (Nicotiana Tabacum), consisting of the ovary o, containing ovules, the style s, and the capitate stigma g.
- 15), and in Lucernaria and its allies a bunch of small capitate tentacles is found on each of the eight adradial lappets of the margin (fig.Advertisement
- (b) Tentacles capitate, simple; type of Coryne and Syncoryne; Myriothela is an aberrant form with some of the tentacles modified as " claspers " to hold the ova.
- (c) Tentacles capitate, branched, wholly or in part; type of Cladocoryne.
- Trophosome, polyps with two whorls of tentacles, the lower filiform, the upper capitate; gonosome, free medusae, with tentacles solid and branched.