Capitan sentence example
- The capitan pasha left his anchorage in the Gulf of Patras with his fleet in a single line, without reserve or advance-guard.
- In 1534 he seized Tunis, acting as capitan pasha for the sultan Suleiman.
- Under the Aragonese, Malta, as regards local affairs, was administered bya Universitd or municipal commonwealth with wide and indefinite powers, including the election of its officers, Capitan di Verga, Jurats, &c. The minutes of the " Consiglio Popolare " of this period are preserved, showing it had no legislative power; this was vested in the king, and was exercised despotically in the interests of the Crown.
- He first became prominent as the effective leader of the signal vengeance taken by the Greeks for the massacre at Chio in April 1822 by the Turkish Capitan Pasha.
- The commander of the force of fifty small vessels and eight fireships sent to assail the Turkish fleet was the navarch Miaoulis, but it was Kanaris who executed the attack with the fireships on the flagship of the Capitan Pasha on the night of the 18th of June 1822.Advertisement
- The fire reached the powder and the flagship blew up, sending the Capitan Pasha and 2000 Turks into the air.
- The most notable of the wall rocks are: El Capitan, 3300 ft.
- In the number and height of its vertical falls and in the massive grandeur of El Capitan and Half Dome rocks Yosemite is unrivalled.
- During his father's struggle to establish himself in Egypt, Ibrahim, then sixteen years of age, was sent as a hostage to the Ottoman capitan pasha (admiral), but when Mehemet Ali was recognized as pasha, and had defeated the English expedition under General A.
- On the centre Don John and the capitan pasha met prow to prow - the Christians reserving the fire of their bow guns (called di cursia) till the moment of impact, and then boarding.Advertisement
- During the remainder of his life - till 1547 - Barbarossa, though still beylerbey of northern Africa, was mainly engaged as capitan pasha in co-operating with the armies of the sultan Suleiman in the east.
- The representative of the Capitan Pasha, who governed that eyalet, was, however, less influential in the city than the head of the Kara Osman Oglu's of Manisa (see Manisa).
- El Capitan is especially arresting with its black frame, grey lens and blue mirror look.
- For example, the El Capitan features thick frames with Hobie's specialized HydroClean Plus Glass Lenses.
- Ali, the capitan pasha, was commander-in-chief, and he had with him Chulouk Bey of Alexandria, commonly called Scirocco, and Uluch Ali, dey of Algiers.Advertisement