Capistrano sentence example
- of San Antonio, built in 1720-1731; the Mission San Juan de Capistrano (the "Third Mission"), 6 m.
- Pope Eugenius (1442) issued a fiercely intolerant missive; the Franciscan John of Capistrano moved the masses to activity by his eloquent denunciations; even Casimir IV.
- Among the later writers Joao Capistrano de Abren has produced some short historical studies of great merit.
- Among these, Torquemada, Rodericus Sancius de Arevalo, Capistrano and Piero del Monte were especially active for the restoration of the papacy.
- His one ally was the Franciscan friar, Giovanni da Capistrano (q.v.), who preached a crusade so effectually that the peasants and yeomanry, ill-armed (most of them had but slings and scythes) but full of enthusiasm, flocked to the standard of Hunyadi, the kernel of whose host consisted of a small band of seasoned mercenaries and a few banderia of noble horsemen.Advertisement
- and Nicholas V.) were Giovanni da Capistrano and Giacomo della Marca.
- - History: Capistrano de Abreu, Descobrimento do Brazil e seu desenvolvimento no seculo xix.
- Giovanni Di Capistrano >>
- The sect gradually died out after losing the protection of the common people, whose sympathy was now transferred to the austere Observants and their miracle-worker Capistrano.
- Focus Medical Spa locations include those in Anaheim, CA, Irvine, CA and San Juan Capistrano, CA.Advertisement
- If you have a tendency to travel in harsh conditions (or just happen to have really rotten luck), you'll love the Capistrano FreeWheelers collection.
- Similar in construction and design to the Capistrano FreeWheelers, the Hillcrest collection is available in classic charcoal and a funky cerise hue.
- Bag styles are identical to those in the Capistrano FreeWheelers collection.
- Strong, secure and durable, the Capistrano Lite collection takes style notes from the original Capistrano FreeWheelers collection.
- At that critical hour it was at his own expense that Hunyadi fortified Belgrade, now the sole obstacle between Hungary and destruction, with the sole assistance of the Franciscan friar Giovanni da Capistrano, equipped the fleet and the army which relieved the beleaguered fortress and overthrew Mahommed II.Advertisement