Cao sentence example
- Fernan Gomez followed in 1469, and opened trade with the Gold Coast; and in 1484 Diogo Cao discovered the mouth of the Congo.
- Thus if we wish to ascertain the thermal effect of the action Mg+CaO =MgO+Ca, we may write, knowing the heats of formation of CaO and Mg0 to be 131000 and 146000 respectively, 0-131000 = 0-146000+x x =15000 cal.
- A good quality of sheet-glass should show, on analysis, a composition approximating to the following: silica (SiO 2), 72%; lime (CaO), 13%; soda (Na 2 O), 14%; and iron and alumina (Fe 2 O 3, Al 2 O 3), 1%.
- The following is a typical analysis of high quality bottle-glass: S102, 69.15%; Na 2 0, 13.00%; CaO, 15.00%; Al 2 0 3, 2.20%; and Fe 2 0 3, 0.65%.
- The following is an analysis of a specimen of English pressed glass; S102, 70.68%; Na 2 0, 18.38%; CaO, 5.45%; BaO, 4.17%; Al 2 0 3, 0.33%; and Fe203, o.Advertisement
- It combines directly with most elements, including nitrogen; this can be taken advantage of in forming almost a perfect vacuum, the oxygen combining to form the oxide, CaO, and the nitrogen to form the nitride, Ca 3 N 2.
- The element is not found in the free state in nature, nor to any large extent in combination, occurring chiefly as chrome-ironstone, Cr 2 O 3 FeO, and occasionally being found as crocoisite, PbCrO 4, chrome-ochre, Cr 2 0 3, and chromegarnet, CaO Cr 2 O 3.3SiO 2, while it is also the cause of the colour in serpentine, chrome-mica and the emerald.
- This lime is charged in the form of common quicklime, CaO, resulting from the calcination of a pure limestone, CaCO 3, which should be as free as possible from silica.
- An oxysulphide, 2CaS CaO, is sometimes present in "soda - waste," and orangecoloured, acicular crystals of 4CaS CaSO 4.18H 2 O occasionally settle out on the long standing of oxidized "sodaor alkali-waste" (see Alkali Manufacture).