Cantors sentence example
- From the pastoral staff must be distinguished the staff of the chorepiscopus (director of the choir) and cantors, which is still in use here and there.
- It was at this time, however, par excellence the vestment proper to the cantors, choirmaster and singers, whose duty it was to sing the invitatorium, responses, &c., at office, and the introitus, graduate, &c., at Mass.
- It would seem to have been worn by the cantors as a protection against cold.
- He became the exclusive accompanist to Cantor Stephen Robins in over 300 concerts as well as accompanying many other cantors.
- When we came to Holy Week I asked for a few volunteers to become cantors and found 12 volunteers.Advertisement
- We also need the help of a few more dedicated cantors for the 11 am Sunday service.
- The consequence is, that the village priests, being too much occupied with their parochial duties, cannot give more than casual or perfunctory attention to the schools, and the numerous pupils either exist on paper only, or are handed over to half-educated cantors, deacons.