Cantharidin sentence example
- Cantharides owe their value to the presence of a peculiar chemical principle, to which the name cantharidin has been given.
- It is most abundant in large full-grown insects, while in very young specimens no cantharidin at all has been found.
- Cantharidin constitutes from z to r% of cantharides.
- The external action of cantharides or cantharidin is extremely characteristic. When it is applied to the skin there are no obvious consequences for some hours.
- A very large number of other insects belonging to the same family possess blistering properties, owing to their containing cantharidin.Advertisement
- It is very rich in cantharidin, yielding fully twice as much as ordinary cantharides.
- Those which act on the skin: The best known of these is cantharides (Spanish fly), the active principle of which is a colourless crystalline body - cantharidin - which is extremely irritating.