Cantered sentence example
- The horse cantered briskly along, and king and boy were soon quite well acquainted.
- cantered down the dirt roads.
- To start the canter, which should always be done from the walk and not the trot, take up the curb rein a little and turn the horse's head slightly to the right, at the same time pressing the left leg behind the girth; the horse will then lead with the off (right) fore leg, which is generally preferred; but a well-broken hack should lead with either leg at command, and if he be cantered in a circle to the left he must lead with the near leg, as otherwise an ugly fall is likely to result from the leg being crossed.
- cantered up to their paddock, being careful to lock the gate behind them.
- At times the horses picked their way cautiously down rocky ravines; at others they cantered over open pastures.Advertisement