Canted sentence example
- A spark of the old humor ignited in the amber eyes and she canted her head toward her father.
- As an architectural term "bevel" is a sloped or canted edge given to a sill or horizontal course of stone, but is more frequently applied to the canted edges worked round the projecting bands of masonry which for decorative purposes are employed on the quoins of walls or windows and in some cases, with vertical joints, cover the whole wall.
- A bunch of ' tang sani ' (lamp-wick, the pith of Eriocaulon or Scirpus) is then inserted well into the mass, and the pan slightly canted, when a rich, clear, brown fluid is thus drawn off, and filtered through ' chi mui ' (paper made from bamboo fibre).
- The bright butterflies lifted in a multicolored cloud from the worn and pitted casing, canted in its green bower.
- canted bay on the E side is a projection of the large octagon room.Advertisement
- canted corners, ten meters long, six wide, five high.
- canted bay windows.
- Are you all so gormless you canted even spot an open goal like that!
- Central bay is a full height canted bay window beneath an embattled parapet, with 5 light mullions.
- So his Tower of the Winds is not a regular octagon, but a strongly canted square, as it were.Advertisement