Cantatas sentence example
- The cantatas The Bride (Worcester, 1881) and Jason (Bristol, 1882)1882) belong to this time, as well as his first opera.
- She composed several cantatas, two pianoforte concertos and five operas, Sofonisbe, Ciro in Armenia, Nitocri, Il Re Pastore and Insubria consolata.
- His appeal to musicians was made in a threefold capacity, and we have, therefore, to deal with Liszt the unrivalled pianoforte virtuoso (1830 - r848); Liszt the conductor of the "music of the future " at Weimar, the teacher of Tausig, Billow and a host of lesser pianists, the eloquent writer on music and musicians, the champion of Berlioz and Wagner (1848-1861); and Liszt the prolific composer, who for some five-and-thirty years continued to put forth pianoforte pieces, songs, symphonic orchestral pieces, cantatas, masses, psalms and oratorios (1847-1882).
- A lamentable instance of the prevalent confusion of thought on this point is shown by the vocal scores of the Bach cantatas corresponding to the edition of the Bach Gesellschaft (which must not be held responsible for them).
- Paul McCreesh Bach Cantatas for solo alto - Harmonia Mundi - La Chapelle Royale, dir.Advertisement
- bach's cantatas, the final movement is a strong (here slightly extended) declaration of the main chorale.
- As in all bach's cantatas, the final movement is a strong (here slightly extended) declaration of the main chorale.
- Later in the month he tours France and Germany, singing Bach cantatas with the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra.
- Recent WDR recordings have included a program of solo harpsichord by JS Bach, Duphly and Arne and Italian cantatas by HÃndel.
- Cantatas: Prometheus-chore; " Beethoven Cantata "; " An die Kiinstler "; Die Glocken des Strassburger Miinsters; 12 Chore far Mannergesang; Songs, 8 books; Scena, Jeanne d'Arc au bflcher.Advertisement
- bach cantatas with the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra.
- She has recently completed a project to record all of Bach's sacred cantatas with the Holland Boys Choir.
- The Sanctus dates from 1724 and the Crucifixus and Agnus Dei appear in earlier cantatas.
- In all he wrote over 50 operas, several other stage works and over 40 solo cantatas; few works date from after 1730.
- We must hope that his few remaining unrecorded orchestral works will make it to disk alongside his half a dozen plus chamber orchestra cantatas.Advertisement
- Buxtehude also composed more than 100 church cantatas, suites for keyboard, and sonatas for strings.