Cantata sentence example
- The most considered poets of the day joined the Arcadia and Lyric individually wrote much excellent verse, but they Latin authors were the models they chose, and Gargao, the most prominent Arcadian, composed the Cantata de Dido, a gem of ancient art, as well as some charming sonnets to friends and elegant odes and epistles.
- The footman, who was distributing leaflets with Kutuzov's cantata, laid one before Pierre as one of the principal guests.
- Cantatas: Prometheus-chore; " Beethoven Cantata "; " An die Kiinstler "; Die Glocken des Strassburger Miinsters; 12 Chore far Mannergesang; Songs, 8 books; Scena, Jeanne d'Arc au bflcher.
- In June 1792 he returned home, and, breaking his journey at Bonn, was presented with a Cantata by Beethoven, then aged two-and-twenty, whom he invited to come to Vienna as his pupil.
- For the Mass the rule is that there are six lights at High Mass, four at a missa cantata, and two at private masses.Advertisement
- Class singing based on hymns, popular songs and a modern cantata.
- At the age of thirteen he wrote a cantata, " Saul and the Witch of Endor ", which as privately printed.
- A succession of collaboratory projects followed in its wake including the cantata commissioned by the Farnham Festival, Mr Smith's Apocalypse.
- This new cantata, Stabat Mater, is based on an idea by Paul Davis.
- He also wrote six operas, seven ballets, incidental music for several plays, four radio scores and a dramatic cantata.Advertisement
- His cantata Amintas follows the traditional form: the two arias are preceded by relatively brief recitatives.
- Each cantata has its own orchestration, and mood, but all reflect joyful celebration - bells, trumpets, timpani and joyful choruses.
- Modern composers have often produced their most characteristic orchestral effects with fewer contrasting elements than Bach uses in his Trauer-Ode, in the pastoral symphony in his Christmas Oratorio, in the first chorus of the cantata Liebster Gott, wann werd' ich sterben, and in many other cases; but the modern instrumental effects are as far outside Bach's scope as a long passage of preparation on the dominant leading to the return of a first subject is beyond the scope of a gigue in a suite.
- As regards other compositions, the early unpublished works include a symphony, a cantata, some incidental music to a pantomime, and several overtures, four of which have recently been discovered and produced.
- Now, such subtleties seem as if they must be unconscious on the part of the composer; yet here Bach is so far aware of his reasons that his vivace e allegro is an arrangement of the second chorus of a church cantata, Gott man lobet dich in der Stille; and in the cantata the chorus has introductory and final symphonies and a middle section with a da capo!Advertisement