Cantar sentence example
- Bernardo is the hero of a cantar de gesta (chanson de geste) written to please the anarchical spirit of the nobles.
- Gil Sanches, an illegitimate son of Sancho I., and we possess a cantar de amigo in Galician-Portuguese, the first literary vehicle of the whole Peninsula, which appears to be the work of Sancho himself, and addressed to his concubine, A.
- Pilar Montenegro: She started out in TV at the age of 10, appearing in Juguemos A Cantar, then began her singing career, appearing in a few different musical groups, eventually becoming a member of Garibaldi.
- In the cantar de gesta of the Cid he plays the part attributed by medieval poets to the greatest kings, to Charlemagne himself.
- (For the events of his reign see the article Spain: History.) He is the hero of a cantar de gesta which, like all but a very few of the early Spanish songs, like the cantar of Bernardo del Carpio and the Infantes of Lara, exists now only in the fragments incorporated in the chronicle of Alphonso the Wise or in ballad form.Advertisement
- A cantar is 99.05 lb avoirdupois.
- Local weights and measures include the cantar, 175 lb; salm, one imperial quarter; cafiso, 42 gallons; canna, 6 ft.