Canst sentence example
- And the glory of His coming thou canst learn, 0 king, from that which is called among them the evangelic scripture, if thou wilt read it.
- And behold, there came a leper and worshiped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
- And such since thou canst make thine own content, Strive, Wroth, to live long innocent.
- Trace your own hearts: how canst thou say, I am not polluted?
- Thou canst not present any service or sacrifice that will at all avail thee for averting the Divine wrath or winning the Divine favor.Advertisement
- But thou that canst not read, canst not read, canst then but heare?
- I know thou canst keep me from ever sinning more.
- Nay, I dare not; I am not sure thou canst.
- Canst thou stand in his sight, who is of " purer eyes than to behold iniquity "?
- When the abbess Ethelburga of Fladbury (Worcestershire) found her projected pilgrimage impracticable, Alcuin wrote to her, saying that it was no great loss, and that God had better designs for her: "Expend the sum thou hast gathered for the journey on the support of the poor; and if thou givest as thou canst, thou shalt reap as thou wilt"(Ep. 300).Advertisement
- But if thou hast not living water, baptize into other water; if thou canst not in cold, in warm.
- He considers that this fundamental rule or imperative " act on a maxim which thou canst will to be law universal " supplies a sufficient criterion for determining particular duties in all cases.