Canopied sentence example
- I am especially fond of the canopied four- poster, furnished far in advance for a future young lady, after she's out grown the crib she now claims in her nursery.
- The canopied niches either side of the east window are stonework from an earlier church.
- Some parents prefer the look of a canopied crib, which adds character to any baby bed.
- Canopied cribs, frilly window treatments and toile crib bedding help add distinction to this colorful nursery.
- Others may imitate the canopied structure of a royal bedchamber.Advertisement
- The style and theme of the wedding and whether the tables will be canopied or inside a tent will determine the style of centerpieces and décor.
- As it stands it is of the highest interest, showing remarkable Decorated work, with windows of beautiful and unusual design, and a magnificent series of canopied tombs.
- Margherita, founded in 1197, has fine canopied Gothic tombs of the Falcone family.
- Within are an ancient font, a canopied piscina, and a fine timber roof over the nave and aisles.
- The roof is supported by fifty-two pillars with canopied niches for statues instead of capitals; the great windows of the choir, reputed to be the largest in the world, are filled with stained glass of 1844.Advertisement
- The Elizabethan manor-house of Southall remains, and the parish church of Norwood, though greatly restored, has Early English and Decorated portions, a canopied tomb dated 1547 and brasses of the 17th century.
- There are some Decorated canopied tombs, and the chancel stalls are of the i 5th century.
- All but the minority of the Gothic period (among which the canopied tombs of Edmund Crouchback and Aymer de Valence, in the sanctuary, are notable) appear incongruous in a Gothic setting.
- The choir of the chapel still contains the original oak canopied stalls, miserere seats and lofty open screens in the French flamboyant style, and of unique beauty of design and execution.