Canopic sentence example
- The ancient Canopic mouth of the Nile (now dry) was 12 m.
- A little farther east the Canopic branch of the Nile (now dry) entered the Mediterranean.
- This point is very near the present mosque of Nebi Daniel; and the line of the great east-west "Canopic" street only slightly diverged from that of the modern Boulevard de Rosette.
- No internal organs involved in modern canopic jar versions - they essentially resemble Egyptian inspired Russian dolls and are exceedingly popular.
- (9) The Gymnasium and (10) the Palaestra are both inland, near the great Canopic street (Boulevard de Rosette) in the eastern half of the town, but on sites not determined.Advertisement
- In ancient times it was approached by the Canopic mouth, which was farther to the west.
- To the Greeks Amasis assigned the commercial colony of Naucratis on the Canopic branch of the Nile, and when the temple of Delphi was burnt he contributed I 000 talents to the rebuilding.
- The intestines were removed and placed in four vases (the burial, so-called Canopic jars) in which they were supposed to enjoy the protection of the four sons of Horus, the man-headed Mesti, the ape-headed Hapi, the jackal Duamutef and the falcon Kebhsenuf.
- Current museum projects include investigating the contents or a New Kingdom canopic jar through CT scanning and the creation of a virtual museum.
- Canopic Jars - Canopic jars were the jars Egyptians used to store the internal organs of the dead that were removed when bodies were mummified.Advertisement
- It was called Bolbitine by the Greeks, but according to Herodotus the Bolbitine mouth was artificial, and it was evidently of little importance compared with the Canopic, Sebennytic and Pelusiac mouths.