Cannon-ball sentence example
- The Irish numbering 25,000, and strongly posted behind marshy ground, at first maintained a vigorous resistance; but Ginkel having penetrated their line of defence, and their general being struck down by a cannon ball at this critical moment, they were at length overcome and routed with terrible slaughter.
- During the final assault on the 19th of May 1521 a cannon ball struck him, shattering one of his legs and badly wounding the other.
- A large one is known as the cannon ball.
- Now Issac started thinking about a cannons, now he knew that the faster you fired the cannon ball the further it went.
- With any luck it would ignite the gunpowder causing an explosion - which would cause the cannon ball to leave the gun.Advertisement
- Imagine having a large and powerful cannon, the more gunpowder packed behind the cannon ball the further it will travel.
- Nesvitski realized that it was a cannon ball.
- A second and a third cannon ball flew past.
- A cannon ball killed someone behind them, another fell in front and splashed Dolokhov with blood.
- Suddenly a cannon ball hissed so low above the crowd that everyone ducked.Advertisement
- "Are you bowing to a friend, eh?" remarked another, chaffing a peasant who ducked low as a cannon ball flew over.
- One cannon ball after another whistled by and struck the earthwork, a soldier, or a gun.
- A cannon ball struck the very end of the earth work by which he was standing, crumbling down the earth; a black ball flashed before his eyes and at the same instant plumped into something.
- The Russians might fall on his left wing, might break through his center, he himself might be killed by a stray cannon ball.
- Five paces from him, a cannon ball tore up the dry earth and disappeared.Advertisement