Canneries sentence example
- Its industries include canneries, tanneries and wooden ware factories.
- Columbus is situated in a fine farming region, and has extensive tanneries, threshingmachine and traction and automobile engine works, structural iron works, tool and machine shops, canneries and furniture factories.
- The value of the total product of Alaska's fish canneries was in 1905 $7,735,7 82, or 29.3% of the total for the United States; in 1900 it was 17.4% of the country's total.
- The principal industrial establishments are shingle (especially cedar) and saw-mills, salmon canneries and factories for the manufacture of tin cans, and machinery used in the canning of salmon.
- side of the Chesapeake Bay, above the mouth of the Potomac. Up to 1900, after which year oyster canneries began to be built in the southern states, especially in Mississippi, Baltimore was the centre of the oyster-canning industry.Advertisement
- pineapples has been successfully carried on, and in the year ending May 31, 1907, 186,700 cases were exported, being packed in nine canneries.
- The Asiatics are employed in the salmon canneries.
- Brunswick's growth has been retarded by the successful rivalry of other cities,?notably Savannah; but it has a considerable export trade, principally in lumber, cross-ties and naval stores - its exports were valued at $13,387,838 in 1908--and various manufactories, including planing mills, cooperage works and oyster canneries.
- Its principal industry is the canning of sardines; there are also clam canneries.
- cannerycauses an immense variety of fish life that has been heavily exploited with fish canneries being once dotted along its shores.Advertisement