Canneries sentence example
- The Asiatics are employed in the salmon canneries.
- Brunswick's growth has been retarded by the successful rivalry of other cities,?notably Savannah; but it has a considerable export trade, principally in lumber, cross-ties and naval stores - its exports were valued at $13,387,838 in 1908--and various manufactories, including planing mills, cooperage works and oyster canneries.
- Its principal industry is the canning of sardines; there are also clam canneries.
- Columbus is situated in a fine farming region, and has extensive tanneries, threshingmachine and traction and automobile engine works, structural iron works, tool and machine shops, canneries and furniture factories.
- Its industries include canneries, tanneries and wooden ware factories.Advertisement
- The value of the total product of Alaska's fish canneries was in 1905 $7,735,7 82, or 29.3% of the total for the United States; in 1900 it was 17.4% of the country's total.
- The principal industrial establishments are shingle (especially cedar) and saw-mills, salmon canneries and factories for the manufacture of tin cans, and machinery used in the canning of salmon.