Cannas sentence example
- Take up summer-flowering bulbs and tubers, such as dahlias, tuberoses, gladioli, cannas, caladiums, tigridias, and dry them off thoroughly, stowing them away afterwards in some place free from frost and moisture during the winter.
- amoena, amoena spectabilis, magnifica, paronychioides major aurea and amabilis; Alyssum maritimum variegatum; some of the dwarf varieties of Antirrhinum majus; Arundo Donax variegata; Begonias; Calceolarias; Cannas; Centaurea ragusina; Clematises, of which the hybrids of the Jackmanni type are best; Dahlia variabilis, and the single-flowered forms of D.
- Exotic and jungle plants including cannas, gingers, bananas, tree ferns, palms, bamboos and aroids.
- Meanwhile, in another border, lofty sunflowers are mixed with golden rudbeckia, helenium, ricinus, cannas and French marigolds.
- In cool soils and districts in England the growth of Cannas is so poor and uncertain that, compared with beautiful hardy plants, they are really not worth a place.Advertisement