Canine-teeth sentence example
- Both sexes are devoid of antler appendage; but in this the musk-deer agrees with one genus of true deer (Hydrelaphus), and as in the latter, the upper canine teeth of the males are long and sabre-like, projecting below the chin, with the ends turned somewhat backwards.
- Its affinity with the giraffes is, however, clearly revealed by the structure of the skull and teeth, more especially the bilobed crown to the incisor-like lower canine teeth.
- - Skull of Chinese Water-Deer, Hydrelaphus inermis (adult male), a Deer without Antlers, but with largely developed upper canine teeth.
- Man differs from them in the absence of a hairy coat; in the development of a large lobule to the external ear; in his fully erect attitude; in his flattened foot with the non-opposable great toe; in the straight limb-bones; in the wider pelvis; in the marked sigmoid flexure of his spine; in the perfection of the muscular movements of the arm; in the delicacy of hand; in the smallness of the canine teeth and other dental peculiarities; in the development of a chin; and in the small size of his jaws compared to the relatively great size of the cranium.
- Upper canine teeth small, or wanting.Advertisement
- This is very distinct in the canine teeth of the Carnivora, and is a useful guide in determining the homologies of the teeth of the two jaws.
- From this feature the name rib-faced deer has been suggested for the muntjac. The upper canine teeth of the males are large and sharp, projecting outside the mouth as tusks, and loosely implanted in their sockets.
- The canine teeth are proportionately longer than in any other living cat.
- Stricken with horror, he threw himself against the wall, covering his mouth as his four canine teeth grew into sharp fangs.
- tooth mole's long canine teeth are sharp and pierce the hard outer skeleton of insect prey.Advertisement
- The mole 's long canine teeth are sharp and pierce the hard outer skeleton of insect prey.
- The 40 year old actor can sing, he can dance and he can play the role of a mutant wolverine with retractable claws, canine teeth and body hair and still look fantastic doing it.
- Doing so creates space for the permanent teeth, especially unerupted canine teeth that might become impacted or erupt in the wrong position.
- The canine teeth are sharp and strong, often inflicting lacerations.
- Since vampires are predators, they are portrayed as having elongated canine teeth known as fangs.Advertisement
- Some are attached to a plastic bridge, while others can be molded to the actual canine teeth.
- It also appeared to have large canine teeth.