Candytuft sentence example
- Amongst shrubby plants suitable for edgings are the evergreen candytuft (Iberis sempervirens), Euonymus radicans variegata, ivy, and Euonymus microphyllus - a charming little evergreen with small serrated leaves.
- Iberis umbellata (Candytuft): hardy, t ft., white, rose, purple, crimson.
- The Candytuft, of which several dwarf spreading subshrubby species are amongst the best of rock plants, clothing the surface with tufts of green shoots, and flowering in masses during May and June.
- Sow seeds of sweet alyssum, candytuft, daisies, mignonette, pansies, &c. Visit the roadsides and woods for interesting plants to put in the hardy borders.
- Annual Candytuft (Iberis Umbellata) - This and its ally (I. coronaria) are the hardy annual Candytufts.Advertisement
- The Rocket Candytuft (I. coronaria) in good soil grows 12 to 16 inches high, with pure white flowers in long dense heads, and there is a dwarf variety of it (pumila), 4 to 6 inches high, forming spreading tufts 1 foot or more across.