Canary-grass sentence example
- They also decrease the specific gravity, so that the grain is more readily carried by the wind, especially when, as in Briza, the glume has a large surface compared with the size of the grain, or when, as in H olcus, empty glumes also take part; in Canary grass (Phalaris) the large empty glumes bear a membranous wing on the keel.
- Where grazing has been limited the number of species is higher, with reed canary-grass and stone bramble.
- They can be planted with clumps of reed, reed canary grass or other marginal vegetation.
- Fens around lough margins may have common reed or reed canary grass.
- lough margins may have common reed or reed canary grass.Advertisement
- reed canary-grass and stone bramble.