Cana sentence example
- There are numerous mission stations throughout Basutoland, to several of which Biblical names have been given, such as Shiloh, Hermon, Cana, Bethesda, Berea.
- The most frequent are the miracle at Cana, the multiplication of the loaves and fishes, the paralytic carrying his bed, the healing of the woman with the issue of blood, the raising of Lazarus, FIG.
- Cana, South Africa from the Great Trek to the Union (1909).
- We cannot well claim more than these three kinds of reality for the first and the last signs, the miracle at Cana and the resurrection of Lazarus.
- Other paintings with which the name of the gallery is generally associated are Correggio's "La Notte" and "Mary Magdalene"; Titian's "Tribute Money" and "Venus"; "The Adoration" and "The Marriage in Cana," by Paul Veronese; Andrea del Sarto's "Abraham's Sacrifice"; Rembrandt's "Portrait of Himself with his Wife sitting on his Knee"; "The Judgment of Paris" and "The Boar Hunt," by Rubens; Van Dyck's "Charles I., his Queen, and their Children."Advertisement
- 7), SO called from his birthplace Canana near Tarsus (not Cana in Cilicia nor Canna in Lycaonia), was the son of one Sandon, whose name indicates Tarsian descent, not Jewish as many have held.
- Soon afterwards at Cana of Galilee Jesus gives His first " sign," as the evangelist calls it, in the change of water into wine to supply the deficiency at a marriage feast.
- The greyheaded love-bird (Agapornis Cana) of Madagascar is established in the Seychelles.
- Cana, South Africa from the Great Trek to the Union (1909), a political history covering the period 1836-1909, with bibliography; P. Wlast, Sudafrika; Entwicklungsgeschichte and Gegenwartsbilder (Berlin, 1900); De Geskidenis von ons Land, (Paarl, 1895); W.
- Kefr Kenna, now a flourishing Christian village at the foot of the Nazareth hills, south of the Buttauf, is one of the sites identified with Cana of Galilee, and the ruin Kana, on the north side of the same plain, represents the site pointed out to the pilgrims of the 12th and 13th centuries.Advertisement
- 955); there was an Alexandrian tradition that he was one of the servants at the miracle of Cana of Galilee, that he was the "man bearing a pitcher of water" in whose house the last supper was prepared, and that he was also the owner of the house in which the disciples met on the evening of the resurrection (Renaudot, loc. cit.); and even in modern times there has been the conjecture that he was the "certain young man" who "fled naked" from Gethsemane, Mark xiv.
- Cana, South Africa from the Great Trek to the Union (London, 1909), pp. 2 952 97 for the full text of Retief's manifesto.
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana Resort-Honeymooners at this Dominican Republic luxury resort receive a fruit plate, bottle of champagne, breakfast in bed, and one romantic dinner on top of all of the other amenities.
- Stelleriana, A. cana, A. maritima, and some with handsome Fern-like foliage, as A. tanacetifolia.
- Popular destinations in the Caribbean include Aruba, Curacao, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, Jamaica, St. Lucia, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.Advertisement
- Shot in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the 2008 Eagle's Cheerleaders Calendar features swimsuits made from recycled material.
- The materials on the coast were clay and gravel wrought into concrete, sun-dried bricks and pise, or rammed work, cut stalks of plants formed with clay a kind of staff, and lintels were made by burying stems of cana brava (Gynerium saccharoides) in blocks of pise.
- 1-12); Jesus at Cana turns water into wine.