Camus sentence example
- 1738, Pierre Louis Moreau de Maupertuis, Alexis Claude Clairaut, Charles Etienne Louis Camus, Pierre Charles Lemonnier and the Swedish physicist Celsius measured an arc of the meridian in Lapland.
- The second and third, addressed respectively to a cardinal (Perraud) and a bishop (Le Camus), are polemical or ironical in tone; the others are all written to friends in a warm, expansive mood; the fourth letter especially, appropriated to Mgr Mignot, attains a grand elevation of thought and depth of mystical conviction.
- Richemont caused the assassination of Charles's favourites Pierre de Giac and Le Camus de Beaulieu, and imposed one of his own choosing, Georges de la Tremoille, an adventurer who rapidly usurped the constable's power.
- On the 14th of August 1789 the Constituent Assembly made Camus its archivist, and in that capacity he organized the national archives, classified the papers of the different assemblies of the Revolution and drew up analytical tables of the procesverbaux.
- The regent-mother Ogul Gaimish (the "Camus" of Rubruquis) seems to have received and dismissed him with presents and a letter for Louis IX., the latter a fine specimen of Mongol insolence.Advertisement
- 1901) frankly describes the condition of ecclesiastical biblical studies; Monseigneur Mignot, archbishop of Albi, Lettres sur les etudes ecclesiastiques 1900-1901 (collected ed., Paris, 1908) and "Critique et tradition" in Le Correspondant (Paris, Toth January 1904), the utterances of a finely trained judgment; Mgr Le Camus, bishop of La Rochelle, Fausse Exegese, mauvaise theologie (Paris, 1902), a timid, mostly rhetorical, scholar's protest; Pere Lagrange, a Dominican who has done much for the spread of Old Testament criticism, La Methode historique, surtout a propos de l'Ancien Testament (Paris, 1903) and Eclaircissement to same (ibid.
- The epicycloid was so named by Ole Romer in 1674, who also demonstrated that cog-wheels having epicycloidal teeth revolved with minimum friction (see Mechanics: Applied); this was also proved by Girard Desargues, Philippe de la Hire and Charles Stephen Louis Camus.
- Though the song is based on Camus' story The Stranger, listeners didn't get the reference and thought the song was promoting violence against people of Arab descent.