Campylobacter sentence example
- The diarrhea is usually caused by opportunistic infections of the digestive tract; the most common disease agents are Cryptosporidium parvum, Giardia lamblia, Campylobacter, or rotaviruses.
- A variety of bacteria cause food poisoning, including Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Campylobacter jejuni, Escherichia coli, Shigella, and Clostridium botulinum.
- Campylobacter is the leading cause of bacterial diarrhea worldwide, responsible for more cases (2 million or more) of bacterial diarrhea in the United States than Shigella and Salmonella combined.
- Campylobacter is carried by healthy cattle, chickens, birds, and flies.
- Although eating chicken is a known risk factor, drinking water and eating salads have not been considered significant risks until studies of causes released in 2003 showed possible association with Campylobacter diarrheal infections.Advertisement
- The ingestion of only a few hundred Campylobacter bacteria can cause food poisoning symptoms, which may begin two to five days after eating contaminated food.
- Common types of bacterial gastroenteritis can be linked to Salmonella and Campylobacter bacteria.