Campi sentence example
- There were still a Roman general and Roman troops when Attila was defeated in the campi Catalaunici in A.D.
- There is, besides, a Roman cemetery known as the Aliscamps (Elysii Campi), consisting of a short avenue once bordered by tombs, of which a few still remain.
- Aliscans (Aleschans, Alyscamps, Elysii Campi) was, however, generally taken to represent the battle of Villedaigne, and to take its name from the famous cemetery outside Arles.
- The interior is fine, and is covered with frescoes by Cremonese masters of the 16th century (Boccaccio Boccaccino, Romanino, Pordenone, the Campi, &c.), which are not of first-rate importance.
- The decisive engagement took place near Beneventum in the Campi Arusini, and resulted in the total defeat of Pyrrhus.Advertisement
- It was well fortified and built, and from this period date the ducal palace (now the Municipio), the theatre designed by Scomozzi, &c. The church and the summer palace contain frescoes by the Campi of Cremona.
- Many of them contain paintings by the later Cremonese masters, especially Galeazzo Campi (d.