Campaigned sentence example
- But in 1875 he campaigned for Hayes, as the representative of sound money, in the Ohio gubernatorial campaign.
- A number of Presidential candidates have campaigned in Waterbury due to its pivotal role in statewide elections.
- Pressure to reform the political and social system came mainly from the new middle class who campaigned for economic betterment.
- In the 19th century nonconformists campaigned strongly against the payment of church tithes.
- As a former RUC reservist, Billy has campaigned and will continue to campaign for effective policing and sentencing powers.Advertisement
- Former player, manager and TV pundit Hill successfully campaigned to abolish the maximum wage and was an early advocate of all-seater stadia.
- As a former RUC Reservist, Billy has campaigned and will continue to campaign for effective policing and sentencing powers.
- From the 1960s The Kennet and Avon Canal Trust campaigned then worked to restore the canal to its fully open status.
- He has created videos in order to help the organization recruit new members and even campaigned in Europe to have Scientology recognized as an official religion.
- Because it wasn't being manufactured and campaigned en masse with other commercial mixes.Advertisement
- Barton also campaigned for American ratification of the Geneva Convention.
- Robertson is a known liberal (who once campaigned for Congress).
- Inspired by The Bold and the Beautiful's global popularity, Flannery campaigned with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists to secure cable and foreign residuals for all actors.
- In particular, they have campaigned for gay acceptance in the entertainment industry and have advocated for more homosexual characters in television and movies and encouraged other gay musicians to publicly acknowledge their sexuality.
- The convention adjourned to Baltimore, where the Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and Maryland delegations left it, and where Douglas was nominated for the presidency by the Northern Democrats; he campaigned vigorously but hopelessly, boldly attacking disunion, and in the election, though he received a popular vote of 1,376,957, he received an electoral vote of only 12 - Lincoln receiving 180.Advertisement