Came-to-a-close sentence example
- As the War of Independence came to a close the old trouble with Pennsylvania was revived.
- The truth is that no period in Italian history was less really glorious than that which came to a close in 961 by Berengar II.s cession of his rights to Otto the Great.
- With the loss of political liberty the age of creative genius in Athenian architecture came to a close.
- Most of these sects were stamped out before the period of the middle ages came to a close.
- It was an impressive moment, when, on the 4th of December 1563, the great ecumenical synod of the Church came to a close.Advertisement
- In 1884 there was a meeting of the three emperors, and at the same time Bismarck came to a close understanding with France on colonial questions.
- When the reign of Louis Philippe came to a close through the opposition of his ministry, with Guizot at its head, to the demand for electoral reform and through the policy of the Spanish marriages, Cousin, who was opposed to the government on these points, lent his sympathy to Cavaignac and the Provisional government.
- Soon after however in deteriorating visibility and a whipping wind the day came to a close.
- Blackberry users got a reprieve from threats of sales call service disruption as the NTP patent case came to a close.