Came-and-went sentence example
- The sixty days came and went but Janet never returned, leaving jail, a few more bad checks, and Colorado for parts unknown.
- Seven o'clock came and went without Alex.
- His moods came and went like summer storms.
- While Martha would be sorely missed, nurses came and went frequently.
- Supper was picked-at leftovers, and neither felt like socializing with Bird Song's guests, who came and went on their own, without their usual afternoon goodies and conversation.Advertisement
- Dusk came and went.
- His brilliant personal courage, his amiability and his loyalty to the cause make him a very attractive figure, but a commander-in-chief of the Vendeans, who came and went as they pleased, had little real power or opportunity to display the qualities of a general.
- We waded so gently and reverently, or we pulled together so smoothly, that the fishes of thought were not scared from the stream, nor feared any angler on the bank, but came and went grandly, like the clouds which float through the western sky, and the mother-o'-pearl flocks which sometimes form and dissolve there.
- A revolving door of musicians came and went through the lineup as personal problems and health issues complicated the band's ability to keep making music.