Calyxes sentence example
- P. Alkekengi from South Europe has long been known in gardens for its bright orange-red globular calyxes.
- It has been surpassed by the much larger and finer P. Francheti from Japan; the brilliant calyxes are often 3 in.
- The buds have very large calyxes often with long dark stripes showing.
- internode length is usually very short between pairs of calyxes in tight dense clusters.
- C. Blitum capitatum (Strawberry-blite) is a hardy annual, growing from 1 1/2 to 2 feet high, the flowers small, followed by highcolored fruit calyxes resembling small Strawberries.Advertisement