Calydon sentence example
- MEM aypor), in Greek legend, the son of Oeneus, king of Calydon, and Althaea.
- Meleager, who withdrew, and refused to fight until the Curetes were on the point of capturing the city of Calydon.
- He wrestles with Achelous for Deianeira (" destructive to husband "), daughter of Oeneus, king of Calydon, vanquishes the river god, and breaks off one of his horns, which as a horn of plenty is found as an attribute of Hercules in art.
- Driven from Calydon for homicide, he goes with Deianeira to Trachis.
- ALTHAEA, in classical legend, daughter of Thestius, king of Aetolia, wife of Oeneus, king of Calydon, and mother of Meleager.Advertisement
- In early legend Old Aetolia, with its cities of Pleuron and Calydon, figures prominently.
- TYDEUS, in Greek legend, son of Oeneus, king of Calydon, and Periboea.